Kutná Hora private day trip
A UNESCO site, a former economical capital of Europe, a source of wealth of Czech kings for centuries. Explore with your private guide the process of minting, visit medieval silver mine, admire stunning St. Barbara’s cathedral and see breathtaking Sedlec Ossuary – a place where human bones are the only decoration.
- Learn the history of the former economical capital of Europe of its time
- Explore magnificent Sedlec Cathedral and Ossuary with breathtaking bone decoration
- Take a look at Italian Court – a king’s residence and the only Royal mint of Czech kingdom
- Visit real medieval silver mine and see get to know the life of miners
- Admire the pride of Kutná Hora’s citizens – St. Barbara’s Cathedral
Your guide will meet you at your Prague hotel and walk with you to the train station. For the next hour in a train, passing by a beautiful landscape of Central Bohemia, your guide will introduce you into history of Kutná Hora from its foundation till the time of its biggest glory.
Our first stop will be formerly biggest Cistercian abbey in Central Europe with stunning Cathedral of Assumption of Our Lady and Saint John the Baptist. Just few steps from the Cathedral is The Cemetery Church of All Saint with Ossuary. You’ll get to know why and how was the Ossuary created and see amazing art pieces, made out of human bones.
After a short ride by bus to the city center, your guide will show you the Italian Court – a former Royal mint of Czech kingdom and residence of our kings. After a short lunch break in a good Czech restaurant you’ll have a chance to dive into the life of silver miners in their museum. Dressed in typical white coat with helmet and flashlight you’ll experience fascinating journey through real medieval silver mine.
Your last stop is a symbol of pride of Kutná Hora’s burghers – amazing gothic cathedral of St. Barbara with original medieval frescoes on its walls.
After a journey through the city, your guide will take you back to the train station and you’ll enjoy a relaxing way back to Prague.
Departure: 8:00am from your hotel
Price: 75 EUR adult / 40 EUR youth (6 – 18 years age )/ 0 EUR infant (1-5 years)
- Hotel pick-up
- All entrance fees and transportation tickets
- Professional guide
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Youth and infant rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Due to opening days of Silver Mines museum (closed on Monday), Monday tours include entrance to Italian Court interiors (with Royal rooms of Czech kings) instead of Silver mines
- Off season tours (from December to March) include entrance to Italian Court interiors (with Royal rooms of Czech kings) instead of Silver mines. Mines in winter are closed due to safety reasons.
- Trip to Kutna Hora is a day tour. Expected time of arrival back to Prague is 6:00pm.
- For any questions related to your tour and sights visited, please don’t hesitate to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or +420 724 388 956.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Visit of silver mines is not recommended for participants with claustrophobia or overweight. In following cases will be silver mines museum replaced by Italian Court interior excursion (including Royal rooms of Czech Kings).